Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Faith in a Faithless world

God has really been challenging me lately when it comes to the size of my faith. I so often pray for a deeper faith, yet completely miss or fail at the opportunities God puts before me to gain this deeper faith. In scripture Jesus is always challenging his disciples to leave behind what we so often cling to for comfort and safety and venture into the unknown.

Matt 16:24-25
"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.
NIV

Everywhere I look I see people with a passive faith desperate for something more. Could it be that the very comfort and safety we are so bent on finding is actually robing us and leaving us void of the authentic active faith we long for and were created to experience!

No comments: