Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day


So this year was my first official father's day. I have been hearing the saying "like father like son" a lot lately. My son has a lot of my qualities and characteristics but I don't know if this is so good. I so want my son to copy me but only the God refined traits, there is so much I still wish to work on. It got me thinking about what an amazing challenge it is to be a father. As a father I have the responsibility to represent God the father to my son, what an incredible responsibility. I know that no matter how hard I try to be a Godly man for my son to emulate I will some how mess him up. In life we have all experienced father wounds, some deeper than other's that have lasting effects on how we as men will raise our son's. It is my prayer that as a father I will represent God as a loving father. I praise the Lord that he is the best father we could have, and he is so faithful to show us the genuine love of a father. May we as men continually look to our heavenly father for our example of being Godly dad's to our sons and daughters as we try raise a legacy of God honoring generations to come!!





1 comment:

My name is Matt Gargula said...

dude, i think your a good dad, if your kid grows up and is able to encourage like you do and be there to help strengthen his friends like you are, then it will be save to say that he took some of your best traits man!